Flexible circuit board is also called flexible printed circuit board, or soft printed circuit board, soft board. According to the definition of IPC, flexible printed circuit board (FPCB) is a product that designs and manufactures circuit graphics on flexible substrates by printing.
Flexible circuit board (FPC) is an important kind of circuit board. Its characteristics are as follows:
(1) FPC is small in size and light in weight.
(2) Flexible circuit board can move, bend and twist.
(3) FPC has excellent electrical properties, dielectric properties and heat resistance.
(4) FPC has high assembly reliability and operability.
(5) Flexible circuit board can be connected and installed in three positions.
(6) FPC is conducive to thermal diffusion.
(7) Low cost.
(8) Continuity of processing.
Flexible circuit board (FPC) has the advantages of small size and light weight, which greatly reduces the size of the device. It is suitable for the development of electronic products in the direction of high-density, miniaturization, lightweight, thin and high reliability It is highly flexible and can be bent, wound, twisted, folded freely. It can be arranged and changed according to the spatial layout requirements. It can move and expand freely in three-dimensional space, so as to achieve the integration of component assembly and wire connection.